RIDES FOR NOVEMBER 2017
All rides starts at the BP service station in Letchworth Drive Edgemead at 06h30 am.
Visitors are always welcome. Please introduce yourself to the ride coordinator at the start and please make sure that you are carrying ICE information or pass that information on to the ride coordinator before the start. Please note that as a club we obey traffic rules and regulations and expect our visitors to do the same.
- Obey traffic signals – red lights
- Ride inside the yellow line
- Single file on narrow roads
- Point out objects in the road
- Blow your nose at the back of the bunch
- Don’t attack – training rides are just that – training rides
- Don’t half bike
- Be punctual
Visitors are always welcome. Saturday rides are slower and easier so beginners are welcome. Sundays are not for the fainthearted or unfit!
Rides for the Weekend
Saturday 04 November 2017
Description – Duynefontein
Details – From the BP via the coastal road and return via the West Coast road +- 60km
DC Training Ride: Racing Team’s training ride is Simons Town +- 130km
Sunday 05 November 2017
Description – Silos
Details – From the BP over Tiekie through Durbanville, down Wellington till the Silos. After re-grouping, we return to the BP the same way +- 70km
DC Training Ride: Intermediate and Social Team’s ride is Malmesbury +-130km
– Congrats to all who did the Derbie Dash, especially the ladies – well done!
– Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are looking for cyclists for the Intermediate DC team – they are going for a sub 7 hours
– This is the last DC training ride before the DC, so please attend
Nathan Reid (083 299 4503)