RIDES FOR JANUARY 2018
All rides starts at the BP service station in Letchworth Drive Edgemead at 06h30 am.
Visitors are always welcome. Please introduce yourself to the ride coordinator at the start and please make sure that you are carrying ICE information or pass that information on to the ride coordinator before the start. Please note that as a club we obey traffic rules and regulations and expect our visitors to do the same.
Obey traffic signals – red lights
Ride inside the yellow line
Single file on narrow roads
Point out objects in the road
Blow your nose at the back of the bunch
Don’t attack – training rides are just that – training rides
Don’t half bike
Visitors are always welcome. Saturday rides are slower and easier so beginners are welcome. Sundays are not for the fainthearted or unfit!
Rides for the Weekend
Saturday 06 January 2018
Description – Llandudno
Details – From the BP, we head out to Marine Drive and from there onto the N1 through the waterfront and proceed to Llandudno with the usual re-grouping points +- 70km
Sunday 07 January 2018
Description – Polkadraai
Details – From the BP, we follow our usual route to Bottelary, Saxdowns and Langverwacht to Polka. After re-grouping, we descent into Stellenbosch and don’t turn left towards Kayamandi, but proceed to Kromme over Beverly hills and return to the BP via Kromme Rhee and Bottelary +- 90km
– Congrats to all our social riders who attend our Saturday rides
– Well Done sofar and looking forward to the next two months as they improve going forward towards the Cycle Tour (Argus). The British special forces (SAS) has a saying PROPER PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE, which also works for sporting events
– Only by training what is expected on race day, you’ll be prepared for it
– Hope everyone had a great start to the New Year and stick to their new year’s resolutions
– The social rides distance and average speed have increased as per our previous notice