RIDES FOR MARCH 2018
All rides starts at the BP service station in Letchworth Drive Edgemead at 07h00 am.
Visitors are always welcome. Please introduce yourself to the ride coordinator at the start and please make sure that you are carrying ICE information or pass that information on to the ride coordinator before the start. Please note that as a club we obey traffic rules and regulations and expect our visitors to do the same.
Obey traffic signals – red lights
Ride inside the yellow line
Single file on narrow roads
Point out objects in the road
Blow your nose at the back of the bunch
Don’t attack – training rides are just that – training rides
Don’t half bike
Visitors are always welcome. Saturday rides are slower and easier so beginners are welcome. Sundays are not for the fainthearted or unfit!
Rides for the Weekend
Saturday 10 March 2018
Description – Dolphin Beach
Details – from the BP a easy leg loosener ride on the Westcoast road till past the Dolphin beach turnoff at the next intersection it’s left and at the traffic circle left again and follow the road back to Westcoast road and our usual route back to the BP where we”ll have boerewors and rolls and energade for our members take note we leaving at 7h00 not 6h30 +- 25km
Sunday 11 March 2018
Description – Malanshoogte
Details – from the BP via Contermanskloof to the Dairy and back +- 40km
– Best of luck to all doing the Cycle Tour
– Club rides will start at 7h00 going forward
– We’ve had complaints of cyclist not obeying the rules of the road – please try to adhere to the rules of the road when joining our rides
– CCC hosted a very successful Century City Criterium race which was well supported on Sunday
– Next week Sunday the WP winter league races start with a 6 man team time-trial. Anyone interested in being part of a CCC team can contact me, Nathan Reid, on 0832994503. Further details on the WP website.
Nathan Reid 0832994503